Friday, January 7, 2022

Cold equals more reading time

Hello, I finished the book I am reading for the book club this Sunday. It was interesting and well written by Louise Erdrich. It was loosely or maybe not so loosely based on her grandfather. It showed me a lot about how we people of European descent have treated native peoples in this country. Hopefully things will change in the future. I also have a book to finish by Tuesday for the library book club. The book of hope by Jane Gooddall is also thought provoking. It takes me a while to read such books, because I like to spend time thinking about the points raised. I might finish it by Tuesday, but then maybe not. It is cold out, but Leroy and I are going out to take a walk. We will decide how far once we get outside. It is certainly nice and sunny which makes it much more inviting, in spite of cold. We will also widen the path on the sidewalk as well as take of some of the packed snow by the garage. Leroy had a doctor visit this morning, but I have not yet been out of the door. It is time. Yesterday I did get out for work, but not much else enticed me out into the low temperature and serious wind. Amazing how hearing that it could get up to 17 tomorrow sounds warm. What a difference perspective makes. We certainly have plenty of food in the house. I am grateful for storage possibilities in our modern life, and that furnace that just keeps working. We live a life of luxury with water, food, and shelter. Paula

No comments: