Saturday, January 22, 2022

Deep Cleaning and Church

Hello, This morning Leroy said, “Lets really clean the living room and get behind all the furniture.” We are getting more lax about deep cleaning so I was glad that he suggested it. He might have been spurred on by the fern dripping leaves indiscriminately. I certainly have noticed it. While we had all the plants out I trimmed many dead leaves, etc. Leroy, that taller guy, wipes down all of the ceiling and walls. I am happy to know that we did eliminate some cobwebs. How do they grow anyway? We even cleaned out a cupboard that houses our board games. There were a few that we have not played in years so they are in the giveaway pile. I can tell we have lived here almost ten years because we have accumulated some more things. Not sure that our things fit in a 10 x 15 storage unit. There is work ahead. Leroy will be officiating at communion tonight, because one of the pastor’s is waiting for a Covid test and the other is out of town. The intern is there, but she has not been ordained so does not officiate at communion. I believe Leroy was pleased to be asked. I decided that the current pastors do not feel threatened by Leroy. Two Sundays ago he was asked to read the lessons because that person could not come. He said he liked being in front again. He did a nice job reading and got a few compliments which surprised him. I thought I might go to church tomorrow, but I now learned that we are to get more snow and it might be slippery. I will also go tonight, even if it changes my supper time. My eating times are quite scheduled and not an easily flexible point for me. I pride myself on being flexible, but maybe it is not true. I also just like to go to church in the morning. Paula

No comments: