Saturday, January 15, 2022

Heat Wave Then Snow

Hello, We went from a short heat wave to dropping temperatures and snow and more snow on the ground. I really have no idea how much snow it is. Some places have about a 1.5 foot drift and some are almost clear. Leroy and I went out twice yesterday to clear the cement surrounding us. It was a case of heavy lifting. This morning we went out again to finish the job. Some of the already cleared had commanding drifts. All of the snow was more packed. It was quite cold and I did not last so long as I had not put on long underwear. I also wore my old leather mittens because I think shoveling is hard on mittens. When I went out the second time I decided it is only money and wore the warmest. My hands liked that, especially the fingers. Now the walks and by the garage are done. In the front the sun is finishing the job of clearing or melting the snow off. I am so happy we got that done. This afternoon Leroy and I will go to church and help with the meal delivery. Should we walk? The temperature is now 5 degrees warmer than it was. Surely that will feel much better. Than it is a question of how much clothing to wear. I also like to put on other shoes when inside because my feet get too hot inside my boots. We have a new computer that is now on its third day with us. We have had to learn some new things. We did a zoom call yesterday. We had to get it set up. Then it worked well for a while, the camera is much better, but the camera shut down about half way through. We could not figure out where it went and how to restart it. This morning it all worked just fine. I am still using the “old” one. It seems that we will like having two computers as both of us can use them at the same time. What is with us? Is our ability to share diminishing with age? Paula

No comments: