Friday, April 23, 2021

What a Day!

Hello,

 

I went shopping in the morning. Before I got on the interstate a city police car’s flashing lights became visible. I easily pulled to the side because there were no other cars around me.

 

When I pulled off the interstate and waited at the stop light, I saw the car behind me pull off to the side. The flashing lights of a sheriff’s car were visible. I pulled to the side thinking there would be enough space. However the vehicle ahead of me was a pickup truck with a trailer behind. The truck could get over, but the trailer was still somewhat in the lane. The sheriff car managed to get past, but at the red light there was still a car in front. The sheriff blew some type of serious horn, the light turned green almost immediately and the car in front moved out of the way. Just as I was pulling off into the parking lot of my destination, I heard more sirens. A fire truck sped past. Before I could get in the store I heard and saw two more fire trucks and some other emergency vehicles. I was happy to be off the road and glad that the emergency was not at my house. I prayed for all of those involved.

 

Leroy tells me he thinks the stop lights in the city are set up so that when an emergency vehicle comes to them the light turns quickly to give them the right of way. Good if it is true.

 

I had seen a thing on social media about how when traffic is stopped on a major road in Germany, all traffic pulls to the side so emergency vehicles can get through. My trip to the store today made that seem like the most sensible idea.

 

This afternoon we got about ten packages of seed and five tomato plants from a person in a close neighborhood who had seen my post about the community garden being tilled. What a gift! We are rich indeed.

 

Paula

No comments: