Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Guilty or not?

Hello,

 

Leroy spotted a spot on my back that he did not like the looks of. He took a picture. I could not say that it looked too bad, but he took a picture about a week later. It had not changed much. He visited the dermatologist for his regular check up and talked to one of the nurses. They could not tell either from the pictures, but thought having it checked was advisable. I tried calling the phone number for this group that has offices in many places in the country. I was put on hold so I decided to use the local number that the doctor had given me when I told him about my inability to convince the scheduler that I needed to be seen sooner and I really did need a timely appointment. The front desk could not get me in, before the month of May, so they routed me back to his nurse. She found some time for a quick look the next day. I was impressed with this ability.

 

When the doctor started looking he could not find the spot. I had to help with some idea of where it was. This is all a little hard since I cannot see it. He did find it, but checked my entire back and declared it and the spot just fine and not a concern.

 

I could not decide if I wanted there to be a problem or if it was ok to take their valuable time for nothing. Guilt set in a little although the doctor assured me that we should check things out. He also complimented us for paying attention to each other’s skin. I will see him again in October for a full body check which I do once a year.

 

Paula

No comments: