Friday, April 16, 2021

Library Job?

Hello,

 

Yesterday when I was done with yoga I went to the bathroom to change my clothes to library work clothes. I was grossed out to see that the toilet in the stall was awash with toilet paper and a bit more. By that time two of my other co workers were there so I went to the office and reported the situation adding, “I am afraid to flush it.”

 

Secretly, I had been hoping that one of them would say, since you are so old I will go do it, but the first reply was, “Flush it anyway. Was it a whole roll of toilet paper?”

 

When I told Leroy he said with a laugh, “So no one took your bait?”

 

I started walking back to the bathroom asking on the way, “Does anyone know where the water shut off valve is?”

 

“We should have something so you can take some of the paper out before you flush,” my boss said.

 

It was decided that a used plastic grocery bag would work. One of my coworkers helpfully got a bag out. I went back and retrieved it from her hand only to see a small hole in it. “This will not do, it has a hole,” I stated emphatically.

 

They giggled and smirked, but the solution was to give me another better inspected bag and to help me double bag the two bags.

 

I returned to the toilet with courage in hand as I put my other hand inside the bags, reached in, scooped up a quantity of who knows what, smoothed the bags around the goop, rapidly took it outside to the outdoor trash receptacle, returned to the toilet, flushed, and sighed with relief as the remaining items disappeared from sight. After washing my hands, I reported the result and went back to changing my clothes for the library day ahead. Who knew I went to a library school where this subject was not even addressed. Such oversight!

 

Paula

No comments: