Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Kale is back

Hello,

 

I walked past the community garden to check on that Red Russian Kale. What excitement! It will be ready to pick in about two weeks. If I were seriously in need of greens I would also pick some dandelions in some more organic places, but alas we weeded too well in the fall in the garden. On my return trip I counted fifteen kale plants. There could even be more as they might be just a bit later. What spring bounty!

 

Also on the way home I went past a garden on the college campus. When we walked to church that garden was usually closed. Today it was open and the notice stated that it is open from 8:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday. It is quite a nice place. I enjoyed looking at the spring flowers. It is on my walk list so I can see what is blooming next.

 

It stated that one could even have a picnic there as long as you left it as clean, or cleaner, than you found it. I will have to broach this subject with Leroy. Seems like a good idea to me.

 

I call an older friend almost weekly. It saddens me that she is forgetting what she has told me and repeats herself several times in the course of the conversation. We still have some good talks.

 

Leroy rode the bike to work this morning. He tells me that his slacks were too thin for the 34 degrees Fahrenheit. Yesterday when it was not so cold he wore warmer things. Some days it is hard to make the right clothing protection choices.

 

Paula

No comments: