Monday, April 26, 2021

Washing Machine Eat Clothes?

Hello,

 

I washed kitchen linens today, lamenting the loss of one red kitchen towel that disappeared after the last wash. Today one of the drying clothes was gone! Where do they go? I have searched the washer several times, feeling inside the rim where I cannot see. Nothing was there. These cloths have been hung out to dry. Do you suppose that the strong winds carried them away and out of sight? The neighbor’s fences have not been repaired since the derecho, so that would give them plenty of room to sail out of sight. It seems a little unlikely, but who knows.

 

We do not have much trouble keeping track of socks so I do not think it is the machine. The towels seem far too large to disappear down the drain.

 

I like having clothes on the line, but I seldom see other clothes lines with things on them. Last evening Leroy and I walked down an alley that we had not traversed before. How exciting, someone else had clothes out to dry.

 

Hanging out helps the environment and my psyche as it gives me a good reason to spend some time outdoors. I even get a number of steps walking back and forth. It could even be seen as a money saving strategy. Seems like a win, win to me unless you do not have a clothes line or your washer is in such a place that it is difficult to get the clothes outside. The only downside might be clothes that disappear.

 

My missing towel is just discovered hanging on the towel bar. It never made it to the machine at all.

 

Paula

No comments: