Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Talking Helps

Hello,

 

My boss was at work yesterday. I told her I wanted to talk when she had time. Before the end of her day, she had some time. We discussed how to handle any mask defiance in the future. The plan is to ask them to wait in the lobby and we would fetch whatever it is that they want. I felt so much better after that. People have been so compliant that I was totally unprepared for someone to tell me that they did not need to wear a mask. It seems like such a small request to me considering that people are in the library less than 30 minutes. Sounds easy from my perspective since I wear it almost all day with the exception being when I am alone in the facility

 

We are excited because the organ builders are now at the church with our new organ. One semi arrived Monday evening and the unload started Tuesday with the second semi coming on Thursday. They will be working on the build for about a month after which there is a month or more of tuning. We are not allowed to get close to the process because it is considered a construction zone even though the organ has been built, it is a case of assembling it. If people were allowed in I can imagine that many people would be there to get in the way.

 

The congregation is feeding the crew, in part because of the pandemic. As it is they will have to quarantine when they go home to New York State. I am contributing fruits and nuts along with some butter that I had in my house. Leroy and I do not use butter so I am happy to find a recipient for it. Leroy took grapes yesterday and I took butter today. Tomorrow we both work. Friday we will bring something more.

 

Paula

No comments: