Sunday, July 19, 2020

Mouse in the House?


Hello,

We had noticed some small dark things in our small frying pan. I thought something might have flaked from the oven since it is stored in the drawer below the oven. Today in a discussion of what this might be and where it was coming from, Leroy or I wondered about mouse droppings. “Oh yuck!”

We are both a bit grossed out about that idea. We cleaned out the entire drawer and only found one similar item. Leroy went up to the attic and brought down a mouse trap. I set it since he does not like to do that. I put our expensive organic, peanuts only, peanut butter on it. Hope that will appeal to any mouse that might be in the territory.

I am not really afraid of mice although they have the power to startle me. I am disgusted by the thought of them climbing around on any pans that I might eat out of. I do not know whether to hope we catch one or not. If we do catch one, then it is always a question of how many more might be here even though we have not seen any other evidence of them. If we don’t catch one it is a question of is it just too smart? And is it still here among us?

Leroy needs to self isolate for three or four days waiting for the corona test results. I am planning to work tomorrow since they did not say anything about people he lives with. I also only see one person at work and I saw her Friday so there is already that contact.

Paula

No comments: