Saturday, July 18, 2020

Hot Out There


Hello,

Leroy and I have spent much of the day inside the house where it is cooler. I have thought about some of my neighbors because I noticed they have windows open which means no air conditioning. I do not know these neighbors so I am not comfortable inviting them in. I am happy to have the comfort, but feel a little guilty.

I was out earlier this morning getting the ash tree seeds off the sidewalk. I thought maybe they were about done, but Leroy told me he could see more seeds up there. It is quite a bit of work, but satisfying as I look over the cleared sidewalk. It is so helpful to have them gone so we do not track them into the flat.

Leroy has had a persistent headache for three months. Yesterday he went to the dr. again. This morning he had a covid test although neither of us thinks that could be it, but at least it will be checked now. He had been feeling quite tired and sometimes weak so he is going to see someone about his heart as well as a neurologist. He will have an MRI in addition. Leroy said, “I wish I had just continued to take the pain pills on my own and not gone to the dr.”

I just try to be supportive, but that is not an easy role for me to fill. As I want to give advice and prod him to do this or that, which he does not want to do. He would like that magic pill that cures all, but it has not yet arrived.

Paula

No comments: