Thursday, July 9, 2020

Missing my day off


Hello,

My work hours have changed. I now go to work four days a week instead of three days. The number of hours has stayed the same. This is to spread the workers out a bit more. Hoping that less contact keeps at least one team operating.

I miss that day off in the middle of the week. I used to plan many things for that day, including just being alone. I like my alone time. This week Leroy has only gone to work one day and he will go again Saturday. He gets paid holidays so he does not have to go the third day this week. I do not think he enjoys the alone time as much as I do.

I am reading The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek. It is quite interesting. Not sure that I could have been that type of librarian. It took a lot of courage and stamina.

I am busy, but it is a lot of sitting around rather than navigating through the forest.

We gather items for people and pass them out the door, so that changes our work load. We have to read the message, gather, check out, call the patrons to let them know it is ready, and then pass it out the door when they pick it up. I am still doing much cataloging of books and audio books. When several of them are entered in the collection I take a picture and use a program called buffer to put it on three different social media sites at the same time. I had to learn something new so that is good.

Paula

No comments: