Monday, July 20, 2020

Mouse Caught


Hello,

Last night, Leroy and I were watching a movie when we heard a light crashing sound that seemed to be in the house. I wondered had something fallen? Leroy did not know what it was. There were no other noises so we just finished the movie. When I went in the kitchen I saw that the trap had sprung and a small mouse was caught in the middle of its body. I realized as I picked up the trap that I did not want to finish killing it but did not want to release it. Leroy saw my look as I gingerly held the trap by the string that we had attached to the trap. That string was so we could anchor the trap and not have the detainee run off with it. Leroy said, “Give it to me and I will take care of it.”

I handed it over with great relief, but did not follow Leroy to learn what he did with it. After a while I just had to know, “What did you do with that mouse?”

“I put it in the back yard,” he said.

“Running free?” I wondered.

“I think it was about dead,” he replied, “If not it soon will be dead.”

I remember catching mice in the grain bins. We always called a lot of cats to come help with that task. It was quite the circus. Kids, cats, and mice running around in random patterns.

Now it is question are there more mice in the house? And how did that mouse get in here? We have not had them on the second floor before. The trap is still set, but no discernible activity around it.

Paula

No comments: