Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Hot Wind

Hello,



The hot wind was perfect for drying my quilt as well as a light weight blanket. I aired out the comforter in preparation to putting it on the bed. It was nice to finish those tasks on a non rainy day. Lately rain seems to be in the forecast every day. Not that I am complaining, but it was almost too hot, certainly too hot for the time of year.



I also have now cleaned up all of my house plants and brought them inside. Perhaps I will have Leroy take two of them to his office at church even though he is a bit of a plant neglecter from time to time. I soaked the plants in a bucket with soap and water. I did not go get the brand recommended, but this was supposed to be good for everyone including young children. Seems to me the plants should be able to handle that as well. At least the plant that I soaked two days ago is still alive and I consider that a good sign.



I am so happy because two of the violets are blooming. I had almost despaired that it would ever happen. They are that beautiful purple flower that was on them when they came to my house. I did transplant them from one pot to three. I am hoping the third will also bloom.



Today I got my flu shot with hopes that it protects me from any communicable diseases. Great that the insurance will pay for it, making it a little less painful. I have had the shingles shot but there is a more effect one available now. The pharmacist did tell me that they have some difficulty getting it regularly and he could not say when it would be in the store. I will not fuss about that as I figure I am somewhat protected.



Paula

No comments: