Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Clothes Drying

Hello,



I was happy to wash rags this morning. With the sun already shining it predicted a drying day. I like to use rags instead of paper towels. I have a rag bag in which I put the dirty rags while we all wait for a bigger load of laundry so I can do them all at once. With Leroy’s nose bleeding on the floor our usage increased. With the help of rags, the floor now looks good, no stains. Today was the day when the bag was full and overflowing. Some of the rags are old towels. I figured my hands would not become too cold hanging them up. The smaller things seemed like they would go on the racks in the house when my fingers protested too much. Somehow I just kept going and hung them all outside.



I also did a load of two of my jackets. Those jackets were an addition to a load of two bolsters that I got at a second hand store. Leroy and I use “knee pillows” for sleeping. Ours are quite tired and needed to be retired. These new pillows were a good deal and seemed clean, but I am more comfortable after washing them. Because I got my haircut today, one of the jackets needed washing. I am always a bit concerned about hair falling on my collars. Now I am more comfortable with that. The jacket wrists also look much brighter.



The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck is the book I just finished. It was thought provoking about Germany after and some during WWII. The straight path is not always easy to find. It sounds good to try to do the right thing, but even knowing or discerning can be difficult. There are many forces pulling a response from a person.



Paula

No comments: