Thursday, October 25, 2018

At Brian's House

Hello,
We are at Brian's home doing babysitting duty while they take a long weekend out of town. On the rather uneventful drive here we were privileged to see an eagle fly up out of the road ditch. The word pad on my tablet does not do a good job of spell check. So I am asking you to be kind in your thoughts and give me a break because I am without my spell check crutch.
Once we were close to their home when we do know the way, Leroy decided to take an early exit, thinking it was the way to go. I who almost never swear said, "I don't know where the hell we are." How did that happen? Are those words floating around my head from my childhood? My father used such frequently. Unlike today's favorites, his favorites were hell and damn.
I was going to get the phone directions going, but decided the paper map would be quicker. In a panic, because one must keep moving and one must not get lost, lessons learned from my childhood, I opened the MN map which did not have small streets or roads for the city. When we came to a T in the road, Leory was sure we needed to go right and I really wanted to go left, but he had the wheel so I acquissed to Leroy's control. Eventually, really in a short time, we got to some streets with names we recognized. It did not take long to get to the house. We were both grateful for the quick recovery. As it turned out, from looking at the city map, either right or left would have worked at the point of turning decision.
Paula

No comments: