Thursday, October 11, 2018

Leroy's Condition

Hello,



Last night Leroy did not go to choir because he was tired and he had lots of stomach pain. In the night he got up to go the bathroom. He reported later that while there he felt dizzy and lay on the floor for a while. He then got up and walked down the hall to the bedroom. I heard a loud bang, called, “Leroy”, and he did not answer. I hopped out of bed and called again, asking, “Where are you?”



Leroy muttered, “Here.”



I followed the sound and found him lying on the floor in the hall face down. He then told me, “My nose is bleeding.”



I scurried around getting a hankie and then an entire box of tissues. He sat up and got into a chair while we discussed should he go to the hospital. In the end we decided to have him checked.



At the hospital we were fortunate that they were not busy and took care of him right away. The check in woman asked, “Do you want a wheelchair?”



“No,” said Leroy.



A little later I thought he looked quite tired so I pulled a chair over behind him and he sat. When the check in woman was finished, she announced, “I am getting a wheelchair.” Leroy docilely sat in it.



They did an abdominal scan for the severe pain he had been experiencing as well as a scan of his head. There is inflammation in the abdomen. He also has a broken nose. Then the carotid artery was checked because the broken bones were quite close to it and they wanted to make sure there was no bleeding inside. All was good there.



Wouldn’t you know, he has had no abdominal pain since he has been in the hospital? This happened about 12:30 last night. I stayed until about 4:15 and have returned two times since then taking books, his phone charging cord, his tablet, and great conversation.



He looks and feels quite fine now and we were both hoping that he could come home tonight but he will spend the night.



Paula

No comments: