Sunday, October 21, 2018

Nice Sunday

Hello,



It was cool when we walked to church this morning. We were grateful that there was no wind. As it was my checks felt quite happy to go inside. The trick, as always, is to dress warm enough to walk in the cold, but with enough layers off to be comfortable inside.



Coming home it was much warmer, but there was more wind so not quite as comfortable as we had hoped. In the afternoon when we went to a faculty concert at the local collage the temperature was quite fine. It was so nice when we got home and I only needed 700 more steps that I proceeded to walk around the block and pick up trash. It has been quite a while since I have been picking up, but there was not much to find. The strong winds yesterday might have blown much of it away or the leaves were hiding all sorts of things that I did not see. Some leaves did not come down in the wind yesterday, but succumbed to the frost. One tree across the street lost many leaves very recently and they were quite a dark green. I did not know such a thing would happen.



Leroy and I played boggle this afternoon and he beat me on the first game. The score was eight to one. I was amazed. Leroy had all but one word that I had found. Obviously he found more to make that winning score.



Paula

No comments: