Friday, October 26, 2018

Tired Leroy

Hello,
Leroy went to the airport with Brian and Jen. He then drove home by himself. He had looked at the map ahead of time so he had an idea of what he wanted to do. He could not hear his phone directions at first so he was glad of that look and his good memory. Before he got home Brian called to check about something and asked, "Is dad home yet?"
Until that point I had not been worried, but from then until he drove into the drive I was doing some serious thinking about where he might be. He took a different route home than they took to get to the airport, consequently he had a lot more traffic to contend with. Much of the time that meant he was slower. He did say that he was happy to get home. It is nice to have that navigator person in the car. We help each other when driving in slightly unfamiliar territory.
We went to my favorite shoe store where I spent more money on one pair of shoes that I have ever done. This morning I took them back because after spending two hours walking around in the house my toes were not happy. I decided why have unhappy toes for over $100 when if necessary I can have unhappy toes for less than $100.
Lest night or evening Leroy was a bit short with the kids. I expect that tiredness was the problem. Today he is taking a nap. Hopefully that will help to keep him calm. Being in another place even if we are familiar with it, is tiring. Not the same bed or the same utinsels for many things.
I encouraged Leroy to walk the dog this morning instead of me. I hope that helped when he connected with nature in the park even though he did not hear the owl.
Paula

No comments: