Monday, July 20, 2015

Wellness Reigns

Hello,

Leroy ate a bit lightly at breakfast, but tolerated it well. He looked upright, hale, and hearty as he and his bike were picked up for the trek to the retreat. Course he looked at the weather prediction at the destination and moaned about the rain in the forecast. All of this technology allows us to know more than we did in the past. It just spoils our pleasure for a longer period of time. Weather wise I think we lived with a deeper sense of hope. Live in the moment as the weather is not under our control.

One person at church told me that children were getting something similar to what Leroy had. “Am I getting children’s diseases now?” he moaned. Is it that young and the old thing? Is this a sure sign of passing through middle age? I was never quite sure when that was my age.

I found the falafel. It was right where I put it. It was resting in a logical place, that being the coffee canister. Leroy and I do not drink coffee; consequently I had stored TVP there. TVP is texturized vegetable protein. Just what every logical person would put in a coffee canister. When the TVP ran out I realized it would make sense to put the falafel there since they both covered the same dietary requirement. I had just forgotten such brilliant thought when searching for the falafel.

I am grateful my smallish home has no more places for me to look for lost items. Surely this will help me keep track of things or at least find them in a more timely manner.

I did 75 jumping jacks this morning. Supposedly I should be able to do them for an additional minute. That other amount was the 30 sec. and 45 sec. results added. Who are these old people who can do all three sets? I want them to stand up and be counted. Maybe it is because I do planks every once in a while but they are no trouble as they only require 15 sec., 30 sec., and 45 sec.  I could do a minute there without much trembling and shaking. I did my two sets of pushups easier so I guess repetition does help.


Paula

No comments: