Saturday, July 4, 2015

Bike Ride

Hello,

After a hearty breakfast of steel cut oats with banana, strawberries, pear, flax seed, chia seed, and cinnamon, Leroy and I rested before getting on our bikes. We headed off in the direction of Ely, but I did not think I was ready for such a long drive. I have only ridden about four times this summer. There was a day when I might have ridden 25-26 miles without practice, but not now.

I will say that I like that bike trail to Ely because it goes along the river and in the trees most of the way. It is just so pleasant. Many people also use it. I am a bit concerned that there will be a major accident because so many people ride so fast, pass so quickly, and ride two deep while talking and looking at the person next to them.

Leroy and I usually are one after the other. Leroy was definitely stronger than I. Keeping up with him took quite a lot of effort for me. I am still impressed at how many places advertize a home for sale on the bike trail. Leroy commented it would be great for us. We could both ride bikes to work. If we knew we would stay in this area, it would be something we could look at.

By the time we got home we had ridden 16 miles. My bottom was complaining a bit as it has not sat in this position for such a long time. I will get out on the bike more frequently.

We saw rabbits, squirrel, chipmunks, robins, and one turkey that marched across in front of us. Then there were plenty of wild flowers. It was a lovely ride.


Paula

No comments: