Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ordinary Life

Hello,

Leroy and I are doing just regular things: weeding, riding bikes, taking walks, reading books, and eating lots of fresh produce. Fruits are so plentiful for purchase this time of year. We “pig out”. It is one of the best perks of summer. I only bought mushrooms, strawberries, blueberries, and bananas when at the store. It is a wonderful thing to know that most of my vegetables needs are met in the garden.

I am also so happy when I walk around and see all of the interesting flowers in the neighborhood. This morning on my walk to mail a letter I made a detour just so I could drink in the beauty of a front yard. I suspect some of you might not consider it beautiful as it had more than a few weeds and quite a random feel to it. There were a number of lilies tucked in there so it had great color. Last night on the bike trail we spotted some nice orange flowers that I do not remember seeing before. They are quite appealing. The bike trail has quite a nice variety of wild flowers or perhaps they were planted and just flourish on their own power.

Leroy and I are so happy that it is raining today. The community garden needs that. We planted some seeds in anticipation of this rain. It seems they should grow now.

We had hoped to take a long bike ride, but I do not know that we will get that done because of the rain. On Wednesday we are leading a church group bike ride. I had hoped to have my bottom toughened up by now. But it is still quite sensitive.

We have an expiring coupon for a 50 cent movie so that is what we will be doing tonight, if we can agree on a movie that we would both like to watch. It could be just one of us watching.


Paula

No comments: