Friday, July 17, 2015

The Attack

Hello,

Just after lunch Leroy started to experience great stomach discomfort. Two hours later he is still not totally comfortable. Was it something he ate? Was it something going around in the air? Who knows, but he has been much quieter lately so it is probably getting better. We ate the same things, but I experienced nothing out of the ordinary. Guess Leroy is just lucky. He cancelled all of the work he had intended to do this afternoon. One task was a nursing home service.

We went shopping this morning. It was almost shocking to walk into cool stores from the great warm outdoors. I am so grateful that it is cool in the house, but not to that degree. Leroy even got a headache in one of the stores.

I am planning to walk to the garden. Should I take an umbrella to protect me from the full blast of the sun and its generous amount of heat and light?

I would like to ride my bike to work tomorrow, but wonder about the heat on the homeward trek as it is to be hot again tomorrow. One thing the trail should not be so busy because the bike ride across Iowa starts on Sunday and many will be making their way to western Iowa. A part off me would like to go on that ride once again. But a part of me is just happy to stay in my sedate mode.

Leroy is also to be working tomorrow. He has talked about riding south to meet me when he is finished with work. Maybe we would meet in the middle somewhere. In the morning I will allow myself an hour and a half as I have not ridden this 12-13 mile trip yet this year. I should get there in plenty of time without sweating too much. This time I will pack clothes to wear at work that include my underpants. Last time I rode my bike to work, I forgot them. Under bike shorts underpants are not needed. It created a psychologically uncomfortable work day for me. I was covered, but it did not feel that way.


Paula

No comments: