Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Using the Phone

Hello,

Some of you know that I dislike using the phone. It is part of my introverted characteristic. Much of the time I manage, but it always takes a little more effort than I observe other people using. Their phone time seems to be their friend.

In the mail I got a letter from a department store saying that my credit card balance had not been paid and more money would soon be charged if I did not pay that bill.

I “always” pay my bills on time and felt mystified by this letter. I looked in my email account to see if they had sent me a statement. I could not find any. Then I went to the bank site and could not see that I had paid that bill. Finally I went to the store web site and found that I had paid it to the second credit card account that I have with them.

I gathered my courage and called immediately because it seemed the only way to solve this issue. It really does not hurt me, but it is not a comfortable thing for me to do. Luckily the customer service person could see what had happened. She went through the process of applying the money to the other account. It is or will be all taken care of including the late fee that I was charged. I should just drop one of these cards, but I do not know which one I would like to keep. This representative also set it up so they will withdraw money from the bank when a bill is due. Sounds like a deal to me, but I am not sure that I trust it. However, I know companies are always happy to take money out with the automatic bill pay and I guess that is what this is. Provides a sense of security, yes? I do nothing just enjoy my purchases. That is why it is so easy to spend more money than one intends.

Speaking of money, I, along with some other coworkers got a $2.72 raise. That certainly increased my check amount. I am also getting half of Leroy’s Social Security. Our wealth is increasing. Now, Leroy and I need to figure out how much more to give to the church. It is wealth we can share. That perennial question comes up, do we figure before or after taxes? And who can understand Leroy’s pay stub?


Paula

No comments: