Sunday, July 19, 2015

Brain Mysteries

Hello,

First a report on Leroy. He is getting better, but not as fast as I expected. Today he did not go to church because after eating just a couple bites he felt abdominal pain. He ate a small serving for lunch, but it was also followed by discomfort. Not so much and not as bad as before. He is planning to go on a church staff retreat tomorrow. I advised him to take ginger and peppermint along. I am good with advice, but no real sympathy.

When in Utah I got some falafel in bulk at an excellent price. Upon our return I asked if I could store it in the frig on the porch. It resided there until last week when I decided it was a small enough amount for me to keep up here. This can be kept at room temperature. I must have done that as I cannot find it in the frig or freezer. It seems I have hidden it from myself. It has become one of those great finding games where I keep looking in the same limited places. And I think I am so logical that of course it should be where I look. I surely did not put it in some “dumb” place.

I have taken off my mother’s bedspread because it was starting to tear. I like my new comforter set that I found at the second hand store. Leroy and I both think it looks quite nice. Now the problem is that I find I do not want to just throw away this bedspread. Is that sentimental? Is that just not wanting to throw out anything? Should I make rags out of it? Would it make a good rag? Where are those people who just make instant decisions and life is great?

A friend sent Leroy some stamps so he got in the stamps frame of mind and bought some that filled in his collection. He was a happy sorter for a day or two. He tells me he misses the last two large houses we lived in because he could leave his stamps out for days and I never fussed at him to put them away because I never looked at them. I guess that would be the luxury of space. We both do see many positives to being in a smaller place.


Paula

No comments: