Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pride Before Fall

Hello,

Pride goes before a fall. Or something like that is the saying I have heard much of my life. Not sure what there is to learn from it. Does it mean do not be proud or you will fall?

I might be proud of my fitness, but no longer. I do know that I do not do as much as I did when I was younger. However, now I am not sure I can keep up with the old people.

In the AARP magazine there was a small article about jump-starting your fitness. Featured in this was a 15-minute workout. It involved doing three gradually more challenging sets of seven moves. The first set had 30 sec. of jumping jacks. I did not time myself, but counted assuming that I might do one a second. At number 12 jumping jack I took a little break, again a break at 20 before I was able to get to 30. A fifteen second plank was a piece of cake as was the eight body-weight squats. Six modified push-ups required a rest break in the middle. Six lunges per leg was not a problem as was the 15 sec. of mountain climbing. Then the slow 30 second walk was like a rest. I managed to do the second set complete with the additional time or repetitions. However the third set remains a mystery. And this is for old people? Where do I fit? Where is my fitness? I will try this again just for my heart and bones. I know that I am fooling myself about being fit. That must be some other person.

Leroy tried it this morning and he seemed to do better than I especially on the push-ups. Jealous, jealous I am! Especially since I have felt that I am doing more than he does. Falling, falling!


Paula

No comments: