Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Solved

Hello,

Issues have been solved. I came home last night to a happy sounding Leroy. The house phone now worked. He had bought another device in a store here. Then he confessed that the problem with getting the new to work was the incorrect password he had put in. He had used two capitol letters where they should have been lower case. I learned that Leroy does not like how his lower case letters look so he switched them. That was okay when the memory was fresh in his mind. “Do you think the device from the phone company would work?” I wondered.

“Yes I think it would,” he replied.

I urged him to try if he thought it would not take much time. I have two reasons for wanting that one to work. One if we have any difficulties we can talk about their device, two it does not need an additional power source as it plugs into the phone, and maybe a third is that I hate to mail things back, and I would be the mailer.

Leroy tried and it worked in just about the ten minutes that it was supposed to take to get it hooked up. I volunteered to take the device back to the store. I did that and they cheerfully refunded our money. I even worked with the same clerk who seemed young enough to be in high school. Am I getting old?

For some reason last night we could not listen to messages with the phone box. Miriam had told me that she always uses her phone so I followed the method she had talked about and it worked so I was able to deal with the backlog of messages. This morning I figured out that we had muted the phone box speaker so I fixed that. Last night we also could not get rid of the missed call display on the phone, but I figured that out this morning too.

It was a great day. Now the only thing left is the TV. If we watched more we would be more aggressive on that issue. I have not turned it on for a week or more to actually watch TV, but have just looked at some a movie from the library. I suspect Leroy has not watched a program in a week or two as well. It certainly is not a pressing concern.


Paula

No comments: