Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Glasses

Hello,

I have a pair of computer glasses. They are really just lens that let me see at a certain distance. Unlike my no line bifocals I do not have to tip my head to get it all at the right angle. At the end of the work day I experience much lest neck fatigue or pain. The problem is that when I am not working on the computer I like to wear my regular glasses or I can’t really see patrons. Consequently I am changing glasses frequently during the work day. That creates a different pain.

To solve the issue I found an ancient glasses strap that we have had for some not remembered reason. It is bright orange making it quite noticeable against my blue glasses frames. I feel a bit dorky. However, it does help me to spend less time hunting for my glasses. My landlady suggested it when I complained about that. She said she puts her regular pair of glasses on her head when not using them for vision. I cannot seem to get that maneuver down. Perhaps it is because I have never put my glasses on top of my head because they are always needed for seeing. So I still look a bit for my regular glasses.

I did find another strap that is a light yellow. Why have we moved/stored these things so many times? Perhaps it would so I could use them now. This yellow strap might be a little less noticeable. Or maybe I should go buy some beaded affair if they still make such things. Then I could project the true librarian image. How did I ever get so concerned about looks? Am I getting vainer as I get older? I remember thinking back in the old days that people had to just accept what they found. Perhaps I think I look better now so I have to project a better look? I do look better than when I was a teenager with my spotted face that was not much fun to live with. I sometimes wished I could disappear. Now I do not care about that at all.

Paula


No comments: