Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Observations

Hello,

I have to admit that we had been talking about getting new tires for that car for some time. It was one of these things that we just never seemed to get around to. Leroy said that for sure he would get some in August or September. Instead it was time in July. We had driven on the tires for seven years. That is long enough.

I rode to Ely on the bike by myself on Monday. I have to confess that I missed Leroy. Talking once in a while, makes the miles go faster. Also coming home there was a strong head wind for at least five miles. If Leroy had been there I might have drafted off of him. As it was I had to forge my own path through the wind. In spite of this being the big bike ride week in Iowa the trail was used by bikers, walkers, and runners. Great to see so many people using it.

I did weed in the garden, picked a zucchini, a few cucumbers, and just a few mulberries. That mulberry season is coming to an end. I will miss them when they are done.

I am also cleaning an apartment for my landlord. This place is just two doors away. I am not sure why, but it seems to be more work and time consuming than I had thought it would be. It is not really dirty, but does need a freshening. Also the oven needed real cleaning as did the refrigerator. I usually leave a place a bit cleaner than this was. But then I usually have help so it does not seem like such a big job. At least it is much easier because there is no furniture to deal with and move.

Tomorrow I will go lead a yoga session at the library followed by work. After work it is back to the garden. Because there has been no rain I will water. Then in the evening we are expecting overnight company. One of the Americans we knew in Slovakia will be coming through with her three grandchildren. It should be an interesting full day.

Paula

No comments: