Monday, July 15, 2013

How old am I?

Hello,

I find that I am busy, busy with things I like to do. On Saturday Leroy and I got up at the crack of dawn, just what is the crack of dawn? Seems to me it is a moving target. We ate breakfast like a king, packed the bikes with newspapers, garden gloves, and containers for mulberries, hopped on those bikes, and rode away through the quiet streets to the bike trail. Temperatures were good, trail usage was light, but satisfyingly busy. Leroy complained a little because his bike load was heavy; however he made it in great shape. We met a biking friend close and heading to CR. Before we had gotten much past the outskirts of Ely she was riding with us. She covered the same distance in much less time. We felt slow, but our excuses are: she runs as well as participates in triathlons and she is quite a lot younger than we are.

At the garden Leroy hoed. I weeded and picked medium sized zucchini wondering why we had three plants as I thought about the large size waiting for me in the refrigerator. Leroy watered, put down newspaper, added dirt to the top and watered again. I started picking mulberries. Before I finished filling containers Leroy helped pick. We then shared some zucchini, mulberries, and a visit with our landlord.

We stopped at the Ely farmers market to purchase raw honey, peas, kohlrabi, rhubarb, and a baguette. We sucked in some free visiting and recharging of emotional batteries. On the ride home Leroy strongly stated that I was wrong when I had encouraged him on the way down stating that his load would be lighter and it was not. I had a little more weight as well. We went past the house of one of Leroy’s coworkers who happened to be outside. Leroy shared a large zucchini with her lightening his load even though we were almost home.

Exercise was not over for the day as we delivered neighborhood newsletters taking more than 6,000 hilly steps to do that. We felt that we had accomplished a lot when the day was done. We felt young, right?


Paula

No comments: