Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mysteries

Hello,

We were expecting a package. Delivery was attempted on Monday. The note stated that they would try again as signature was required. We were not home on the proper time on Tuesday either. This time the note had a place that we could sign and it would be placed on the back porch and times were given. Course that was the exact time that I was working at community meals, but surely all would be well. When I came home there was no package. I hung around awhile but then headed off to shop because Leroy and I are going to my sister’s for a long weekend and I would not do my usual shopping time. Back home I could see that no package had been deposited for us. I needed to meet with my landlord so I did that and still there was no package. Leroy came home and we were still package free. Knock, knock we heard the sound at the back door. I ran down and the delivery guy told me that we have to sign as there has been a note to that effect on the computer. He wondered, “Perhaps something had been stolen about a year ago.”

“We have lived here a year and a half with only one other delivery from one of your competitors. They also required a signature.” I told him.

“I will check into that,” he remarked, “because that should be long enough in the clear.”

When I told Leroy about it he said, “I will just have everything delivered to work.”

I think Leroy believes that work will go on. He was excited because someone is volunteering to help him with cataloging. They are a recent library grad and looking for a job. Because library schools have changed so much he tells me that he will have to train this person. Cataloging is mostly theory rather than hands on experience. I believe that Leroy likes the teaching role.


Paula

No comments: