Monday, April 22, 2024

Reuse, Recycle, Repurpose

Hello, Sometimes it is hard to carry out strong beliefs. We have too much junk around here, but how to make it contribute rather than detract for the benefit of the earth is not so easy. Part of the problem is that I just wish it would disappear. I suggested to Leroy that we clean the shelves in the garage as if we were moving. Some day we will do that. Just glancing at some of the things, brings up the thought, “It is nothing we need, but it is too good to throw away. Or someone might find a use for this.” It is so hard to know the right person and to get the item to them. My hope is to fill a box with things to get rid of and then actually find a way to do that so that it is good for the earth. It is also hard to keep plastic at bay in our lives. So much plastic packaging. Leroy walked to the library and back so he has plenty of steps. Not true for me. I washed and hung out rags. That did not give me as many steps as it seemed like it should. I believe in using rags instead of paper towels in every place that makes sense. My rag population is beyond our ability to use it. Leroy does use them in the garage sometimes. Those rags do not get washed, but thrown out in case there is some oil on them. Neither of us likes socks as rags, but they seem to multiply in the rag basket. Is there another way to repurpose holey socks? Too much excess in our life. We must get it under control to feel free. Paula

No comments: