Thursday, April 25, 2024

Red Russian Kale

Hello, The Red Russian Kale in the community garden is just delicious and growing as if there is a race and it wants to win. It would be so nice if more people liked it or at least tried it. One gardening friend told me she finally picked some, put it chopped in a dish she made and her husband pronounced it good. Healthy eating is there, but hidden from many eyes. This afternoon, I went to the former community garden site, looking for the red Russian kale that was there before and came back after three years of being mowed off. The larger plant had been mowed off again, so I could not dig it up in such a damaged state. The smaller one was still there, now it is had my house and I hope is survives. This move was no doubt challenging. One woman came to the morning stretch class. She was unable to get up and down without help from her husband. It was a bit challenging. Makes me wonder: will she be back and if so, do I need to be prepared for someone who is not able to get down. Some forms are hard for me to imagine in a chair. I did not go help Leroy today. He had another volunteer coming so I hope that was enough to make a big difference. Paula

No comments: