Friday, April 19, 2024

How many Books?

Hello, I have seven books that I have started. That seem a bit over the top for a read one book at a time person. Two of the books have been put aside because too many other books are in progress. They are both nonfiction and require more pondering. Two of the books are for studies at church which requires about a chapter a week, but I am behind. Then there is the book club book, but it is really to the side because it is such a light read. Next week I must read it for sure. The other two books had been on hold so there was an uncertain starting time. both of them are also nonfiction, but one reads more like fiction. Almost all of the books have a spiritual slant. Then there is the book that had also been on hold, but came yesterday. Leroy is reading it now. It is certainly more in the fiction, murder mystery category. Besides all this reading, I have gone to the museum two afternoons and volunteered. They are moving an unknown number of books from the library back room to the upstairs. Leroy wondered if it is about 5,000 books. It is a big job. Two other volunteers were there yesterday. It is enough to make a person tired with stretching, turning, lifting, pushing carts and elevator buttons. I managed to get one loaded cart caught in the slot going into the elevator. Luckily, I got it out. I moved on down the hall to the freight elevator, only to realize I did not know precisely where it was. I had to back track with that heavy cart. Then I knew what door, but did not have a staff key so I could get to that elevator. Hence, it was back to the first elevator, make sure wheels were lined up to miss slots, pushed the loaded cart in, and confessed what had taken me so long when I arrived at the destination. Paula

No comments: