Monday, October 30, 2023

Confirmation

Hello, One of our granddaughters was confirmed yesterday. Leroy was pleased to be asked to confirm her as he had also baptized her. This service is called affirmation of baptism. So, it seemed quite fitting for Leroy to do it. We all participated in the laying on of hands which is indicative of the support and prayers of family. We had a good, but quick trip up to their home in Minnesota. We saw many hawks, either flying or sitting. At Brian’s house I saw a turkey hop over a fence. When we tried to see it more clearly, because could it really be a turkey that bird was not to be found. However, someone then noticed a group of five in front of the house. It was fun to see them so close and in a suburban area. On our drive we only had one exciting time. A car was passing another vehicle on a two-lane road. They were coming right at me in my lane. I pulled off the road as did the truck behind me. It seems that we were three vehicles in a two-vehicle space. Because we were gone for this cold weather, we did not get to the community garden to pull up and harvest the last tomatoes. This afternoon, we, and one other person, went and pulled all of the tomatoes as well as some weeds. That meant organizing the tomato cages, picking up stakes, and the hose. It is good to get these chores done. I did harvest as much Swiss chard as I could. The other person did not like it so I took it all. There are still a number of plants there that are in the cabbage family, but that will be for another day’s work. Paula

No comments: