Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Some trip details

Hello, We take the city bus to get the airport. We do not get on the bus at the end of our block, but two blocks away, so it is still something that we can manage quite easily. On the bus I shamelessly “eaves drop”. One woman was telling a guy, “I hate myself because I wasn’t there for her. I have been sober for eight months.” I assumed this was my time to pray for her and her loved ones. Our trip to the airport was just like we have experienced in the past. At the airport we sailed through TSA because we now had our global entry pre check. At the moment we were there, we could have almost been as fast in the regular line. Our flights were uneventful just as we like them to be. Our friends met us at the airport and took us to our night’s lodging. We were well taken care of as they provided a light breakfast before we embarked on our driving trip of 450 miles. They each did take a turn driving, but I also had a time driving. I can say that I did drive at the 80-mph speed limit, but only on the straight places. Not so much on the hills and curves. We made it to our night’s lodging in fine time. It was good to get out of the car and spend some time walking around. We left home when the temperatures were warm. Now it was time to put on some warmer clothes. Those mountains graciously provide the coolness. We went over three mountain passes and saw big horned cattle, geese, rocks, trees, clouds, rain, a hint of sun, semi-trucks with three trailers, and a majority of license plates from Montana. Paula

No comments: