Thursday, October 26, 2023

Random Thoughts

Hello, On our trip west we saw an interesting sight in the hotel parking lot. It was off to the side, but I had to look closer. It was a group of colorful barriers that had been snapped together to make a low corral. In that corral were nine lively puppies. Their owners explained that they were getting a potty/drink break on the long trip to their new home. They were cute. We enjoyed the fruitful bounty of the west as we munched pears and apples. Washington state has many orchards. They ship fruit around the country, but it is nice to get it closer to the tree of origin. Today on my walk around the neighborhood, I decided to stop and take a picture of the new mural. It was on the side of a building that houses some of the Eastern Iowa Arts Academy. I suppose the picture reflects some of that influence or perhaps someone associated with that organization made it.
After a dry summer we are getting some rain. It is late for this year’s crops, but probably will be good for next year. Leroy sat under a blue light to help get rid of the precancerous spots on his head. That baldness does not protect his head from the sun. Our mail was not delivered yesterday. I kept wondering if it was because of a holiday I did not know about. I saw the mail carrier today. He said, “I was off yesterday and they did not have a person to do my route.” Paula

No comments: