Monday, October 23, 2023

Trash pickup

Hello, We did catch a mouse. Now the question is; was it a lone visitor or did relatives and friends come too? No more have been caught, but we do not always see that as fool proof. I made a trip to our social security office. I am happy to relate that it was not so very long to wait and all is ok. I had gotten a letter from them telling me that my account was to be terminated and exchanged for a larger amount. For some reason my record showed no income for four years when I had worked. I started the process to fix this last year before I retired. Another letter explained that my Social Security checks had been incorrect. It is all updated now and I am getting a higher amount, not a lot, but I will notice it when the check comes next month. After I got home, Leroy said, “I want to walk.” “That is fine,” I replied, “but I am going to pick up trash on our block. I want to fill the bag from the city and it can be put out for collection this week.” Leroy felt too guilt not to come too. We filled up the bag so it can go away. Leroy found a nice screwdriver. I found some paper money that I will check to make sure it is real and four pennies. We have decided to give away the bill since it is not ours and we know someone who can use it.
It would be nice if people who smoke would dispose of the cigarette butts in a proper place. They are hard to pick up. Apparently, it is not good for the earth to have them lying around. We are not good at selfies so we took a picture of each of us with that one bag. Paula

No comments: