Friday, October 20, 2023

Mouse Visitor

Hello, How does it fit when you go to a study at church with talk of no violence for others and I want to do violence towards this mouse that is in our house? We saw the critter two days ago. First Leroy saw it run from the kitchen to the attic door. A bit later, I saw it in the bathroom and he also saw it there. As usual it runs and darts out of sight before we can to anything about it. We have had three traps set for a long time. The peanut butter seems to have turned to something black and probably rancid. I put on new peanut butter on top of that black appearance. The mouse has ignored it. Guess it is a smart mouse. Then we have two newer traps that I also put peanut butter on. The mouse seems to have eaten it off without springing the trap even though I found it hard to set without having it slam shut. Mouse is smarter or more delicate than I am? I now tried some pecans in the holes of those traps hoping that will cause the mouse to be a bit careless. I am not afraid of mice, but I am not excited about having them take up residence with me. Fall is the perfect time for them to find a winter home, but not my home. How many traps do we need? Does five seen like enough? Should I clean off the old ones and reset them? Life is full of decisions. Paula

No comments: