Monday, September 30, 2019

Odds and Ends

Hello,



This morning I tackled things I do not like doing. The first was that I cancelled a credit card that I never use or at least have not used in four years or more. That was painlessly easy as it could do all be done automatically. I did not have to speak to any person, but just effortlessly push buttons on the phone.



I have a prescription from the Dr. The last time I filled this, it cost $40. Now the price is $100 for the same amount. My provider and I tried another pharmacy to learn if that would make a difference, it did not. She says she has another option to check so I had to make some calls to get that process started. The introvert in me does not want to make these phone calls. I know they do not hurt, but it is hard to get started on it. Now, unfortunately, I am waiting for a call back. That means I am not done. I gave the home phone number as the call back number. What if I am gone to work? Will they let Leroy handle it? I suspect not because of the privacy issues and practices.



My college friends and I are meeting in a couple weeks. The place we are renting has “free” WI-FI. The last note I got from the company said that there is an extension to this for the lower level, which uses the same password as the rest of the house. After searching all of the correspondence and papers that I have printed off, I do not find any user name or password. That means I have to contact them again and confess ignorance. I will look some more, but it is one of those cases where I think I have been very careful and checked it all.



Paula

No comments: