Monday, September 2, 2019

Home for Labor Day

Hello,



We have been busy so I have not written for a few days. We visited some friends in MN for two days, but their cabin is a seven hour plus drive away so it all involved four days. It was quite a fine visit even though the wind was up the first day and we could not go out on the lake. However it was clear as glass the second day. In the morning, Leroy went out in the kayak while I sat on the paddle board. Our friend stood on a paddle board and guided us along the way teaching us, especially me, how to control the board or boat. We went almost a mile up the lake, which means we worked our way through two miles of exploring mostly close to the shore.



At noon we all got in the motor boat and headed off to a restaurant that was at least three lakes away. The connections between the lakes are quite shallow so we all got lighter as we crept through those places. We saw gulls, loons, deer, and people along the way. Later in the afternoon we all went fishing. Even though I did not have a license I caught a couple small ones from their dock. Leroy, who went out in the boat also only caught a couple small ones. He was quite disappointed.



On the drive home we did something that I would not ever expect to do. We dropped in to have a short visit with Brian’s family. Course we called first. Our children are not usually on the way home from anywhere so we can just stop in for a casual visit. It is hard for me to wrap my brain around that thought.



Paula

No comments: