Friday, September 27, 2019

Breathing


Hello,



I had a Dr. apt this morning. Lately my blood pressure has been rather high, but they tell me that I have “white coat syndrome”. Today as I was waiting for my visit, I did a few alternate nostril breathing sets from yoga. My numbers were much lower than usual. Certainly not optimum, but much better than usual. Now if I could just snag that for future visits, I would like that.



I have tried to breath in the 4-4-4 pattern that a policeman suggested at our neighborhood meeting.  Sometimes when I feel tense I do this as it is not as noticeable as the alternate nostril method. The office was suggesting that we use the breathing to calm down in a tense situation because when tense we often lose our ability to think clearly. It should be good for lowering blood pressure as well, right?



I have stopped meditating every day. That is also recommended with gentle breathing that surely helps to reduce tension and settle the heart into a normal beating pattern. Now if I could just follow the things that I know to be good.



Leroy purchased a bike from our downstairs friend that he passed on to the museum with a bike lock as well as front and rear lights. He is to be repaid by the museum. There is a guy spending time here from the Czech Republic. This will allow him to get around in the city on his own as long as the weather holds. He will be here until November or December. It might still be nice during that time. When he returns to his country the bike will stay here for other such exchange people who will not have a car. At least much of this area around the museum is flat, but I suspect many could handle hills.



Paula

No comments: