Saturday, September 21, 2019

Retirement?

Hello,



Many people ask how retirement is going. Personally I have barely noticed that Leroy is retired, at least in terms of the amount of time he spends working. He has been going to the museum four or even five days in a week, depending on whether we are gone the week before or after that time. He is not using his vacation time. Not sure what he is saving it for, but it is adding up.



He has also signed up for two small group sessions at church. One happens each week and the other is once a month. Both involve some reading so he keeps busy. He talks about volunteering, but nothing has happened in that territory. He is also coming to tai chi with me once a week. Then there is the odd job around the house that he has had time to tend to.



Often people do not realize that he has that half time job at the museum or that I work half time. Between the two we are filling in time with little thought to what will happen with any spare time.



We canned another seven quarts of tomatoes this morning before Leroy left to work at the museum. I am having a hard time realizing that today is Saturday. Today, I did actually take off some time to read. Course the book is for book club. I bring magazines home from the library when they are dated. That reading also takes quite a bit of time. I do learn some interesting things. Even though I do not remember everything I read, I would hate to give that up.



I am excited. Miriam called last night to tell us that Sarah’s family is coming to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving. We, in the space of about an hour, also booked our flights. Speed seemed important because we were thinking that the cost would be more if we waited even a day. Leroy and I decided to pay more for a flight during the day, otherwise we could have flown to Atlanta, GA and then IA, but it would have taken all night for flights and layover time.



Paula

No comments: