Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Old Clothes

Hello,



Today I am wearing old clothes, something that I have had at least in 1999. Who knew that I could live so long that such clothes would still be viable and fit?



Before 1999, Leroy and I bought some warm black “tights” that were marketed for bike rides in cold weather. I cannot remember that we wore them much for that purpose, especially since my ears do not like cold weather blowing in them. But for some reason we hung onto them through multiple moves as if they were dear friends.



Now I feel that I was a fashion leader at that time. Little did I know that everyone or almost everyone would take to wearing slim fitting pants that showed every curve or bulge that the body has to offer?



Generally in public, I have not felt so comfortable in such tight fitting garments, partly because I do not like anything tight on my waist and partly because I felt self conscious. Now that I have seen many bodies so decked, I realize that no one will even pay any attention to how I look. I will fit right in.



I wore these pants on my walk to the grocery store and they kept my legs nicely warm and toasty. I did not hear a single gasp of, “Oh how could she?” They are a little tighter in the waist than I like. I believe I have not gained weight, but cells have shifted and sagged, collecting in the hip girdle as the bones do not allow the mass to go farther south.



Keep an eye on what I wear next; you never know when it will become the height of fashion, even thought it might take twenty years.



Paula

No comments: