Friday, December 7, 2018

Helping?

Hello,



Yesterday evening about an hour before 8:00 o’clock closing, a young woman who has had some serious health issues, came in asking if I would take her to the hospital on my way home. At the moment she had a fever and some intestinal issues. The hospital is only about a mile from my home so, of course, I said yes. I called her just as I was ready to leave to learn that she was already outside the back library door.



The road had been slippery earlier in the day so I drove carefully even though I thought it looked fine now. Interestingly enough she cautioned me from time to time. We made it just fine. When I took her up to the door I asked if she would like me to come in with her. With no hesitation she answered in the affirmative. After parking the car I found her in the emergency room lobby. We sat in silence mostly, I do not know her very well and I guess I could not think of much to say. When they called her back to assess the need she asked me to come too. Later we again sat in the lobby before going to a room. I was grateful for the cell phone which allowed me to text Leroy and let him know what was happening as I was now late for getting home.



When they told her what room to go to, she wanted me to come along. Again we did not have much to say to each other. While waiting she saw on Facebook that her grandfather had died. She called someone and yelled at them because she learned this news on social media. I did know that she did not get along very well with her mother. After stopping talking on the phone, she started to cry. I felt a bit at a loss, but got her some tissues and touched her arm. We talked a little more. I hugged her and prayed with her.



To be continued. I did not have time to send this yesterday so it is a day late.



Paula

No comments: