Sunday, December 16, 2018

DVDs

Hello,



I brought home a DVD series for Leroy. It is a season of the Longmire show. There are three discs with about 10 episodes total. It is taking a long time for Leroy to get through these. It has been renewed almost up to the limit. This week I will hopefully take it back as we will soon be gone for a week. I have watched some of these, but not all. It amazes me how many episodes involve a murder. This small town is a hot bed of hatred and revenge. Surely, larger towns do not have so many murders although in the USA we have plenty compared to other countries.



I have also checked out three DVDs that have more calm stories, perhaps might even be called a chick flick. I also have not managed to see them. It is partly because I do not allow myself time to watch TV during the day. And I night Leroy is watching, plus I am gone at least three nights of the week. Leroy is gone a few as well. His evening numbers fluctuate more than mine do. Both of us like to spend time reading everyday so we cannot watch too much.



I am amazed by the library patrons who can check out a season DVD set that might have five discs in it. Many of them manage to watch that in a week’s time. They are allowed to borrow for one week before they have to renew or return DVDs. That seems like a lot of sitting in front of this screen in order to get that done.



My life may change when I am not working, but I hope that does not add too much to the sitting time. I will have to be vigilant to keep myself moving.



Paula

No comments: