Monday, December 17, 2018

Merry Chistmas

Hello,



Just in case I forget since we are leaving on Thursday, I want to wish all of you a Blessed Christmas. I am not truly sure what Merry is. Does that mean that you are happy, joy filled, laughing, and feeling good? Somehow I would like for you a sense that life will be good and God is with you on life’s journey as God is not really just concerned with one day, but the whole of your life. So may Christmas be a good day in a long string of days with good times.



Yesterday, Leroy and I went to a party that our church choir had been invited to. The house was rather large and impressive in size and how it fit into the landscape. The Christmas decorations and other furnishing were also quite impressive.



Somehow it makes me feel as if I am a step off from the mainstream as it is not something that I aspire to have. Then I wonder, “Am I being honest with myself?” My apartment and my decorations are last in the race, of whatever race this is. I am quite comfortable here. I also have a sense that this is where I should be even if I do not know why.



Riches are not what I think about as a goal in my life. I have enjoyed living in some nice homes, but I do not find them having a larger place in my memory as a good place to be. Instead it is the people around that make most of the difference. Each home, whether large or small, impressive or humble has some good and not so good things associated with it.



I also feel outside of the mainstream because I do not eat many of the foods offered. There were certainly some items that were quite fine and acceptable to me, but I noticed that people really commented positively on the ones that I do not normally eat.



I still had a good time at this party. I feel that contributes to a Merry Christmas. People make all the difference for me. Thank you for being you.



Paula

No comments: