Saturday, December 29, 2018

Flying Home

Hello,



Our return trip did have the pre check so we would not have to take off shoes or get out liquids. That was nice. The children urged us to use the phone check in and with coaching that is what we did. Leroy had both of our passes on his phone. Next time I will have my own so we do not have to be so dependent on each other. For some reason Leroy did not take out his wallet from his pocket and set off beepers consequently he had to go through the body scan. There was still a problem so they had him endure that body pat down. In the end he was all ok.



In DC the plane was full and we were sitting to the middle or closer to the back. By the time we got on all of the overhead bins were full and my little carryon would not fit. The flight attendant searched diligently, but to no avail. My bag had to be checked through to the end. Leroy’s more flexible backpack worked its way into the bin. I was disappointed because my little bag does not fare well when it is checked into the hold. I volunteered one time. True to form, it looked a bit tough when I retrieved it from the baggage claim at the end.



When we had boarded the flight in Chicago to Cedar Rapids, the flight attendant told us, after the doors were closed, that we were on a flight to Costa Rica. We all snapped our heads up with breath drawn. Several announced that we were going to Cedar Rapids. This young woman looked at her paper and said, “No, it says here Costa Rica.”



Several people spoke up to argue that all of us were going to Cedar Rapids. After pointing to the paper and being firm, she finally said, “We are going to Cedar Rapids, but it is much warmer in Costa Rica. Got you didn’t I?” We all burst out laughing. She then said, “Laughter is the best medicine.”



The pilot announced, “The flight to Cedar Rapids is only 30 minutes. Usually I say it will be a nice flight, but this will not be a nice flight because of the weather. You must stay in your seats the entire flight as will the flight attendant. There will be no services due to the bumpy ride.”



Taking off and landing were a bit bumpy, but I have been on much more turbulent flights. I am not complaining about that. Not so bumpy as expected is fine.



Paula

No comments: