Friday, December 7, 2018

Helping continued

Hello,



After a nurse come in and got a more detailed history, this young woman told me that her dad was flying home from PA. I could go home. It was getting quite late for my bedtime so I did take her up on that offer to leave. However, then she added, “My dad will probably just come for a little while and then go home.”



After thinking a while and with some trepidation, I gave her my phone number. Would this mean that she would take advantage of having that way to get a hold of me? I did know that she would probably not spend the night in the hospital as it seemed like not that type of situation. She would need a ride back to Ely, hence, “Here is my phone number and I will give you a ride back to Ely, if you need that.”



At home Leroy and I had a bit of a discussion about whether I should have handed over access to me at any time. It is hard to know what is the best thing to do. I was praying for answers all of this time, but I am not sure that I received any. Leroy did say that he would go with me to Ely as he did not want me out in the middle of the night by myself.



We went to bed with my phone in the room. That is something I almost never have done.



Kind of terrible, but I find it so much easier to give money as it involves little time and effort. Perhaps that is the trouble with our world, not enough of us are willing to spend time and effort (Is it a luxury?) with a person who needs some help. Obviously this young woman does not have as much support as she needs.



Paula

No comments: