Friday, December 28, 2018

Flying Around

Hello,



Last week Leroy and I set out for DC with bus passes in hand. I pulled one carryon bag and carried a back pack. Leroy has, a not too large, back pack that he uses instead of a roller bag. He also carried another bag that would go under the seat in front of us. The light mist in the air did not deter us or our optimism. I felt a bit antsy when the bus did not come until about five minutes later than expected. We strongly believe in using public transportation, but sometimes it is means we wait more than would be necessary. The bus only goes once an hour so it was prudent to get there 1 ½ hours ahead of time instead of only one half hour early with an hour being the ideal. This small airport was very quiet. We were definitely ahead of the crowd. Both of us felt a bit annoyed because we did not have the pre check status that we have become used to receiving. In spite of taking off shoes, it was no deal as there was no line or other people to contend with. With the change of planes in Chicago there were also no issues. Both of our flights were even early.



In DC, Miriam’s family was getting in at almost the same time. I thought I had talked to them about meeting in the “great hall” of the airport. Seven years ago we did this. At the time Olivia was four years old. When she saw me, she hollered and started running toward me with her arms spread wide. I then ran towards her, my arms out also. The hall was almost empty so it worked. Made Leroy and I think about scenes from the movies. Both of us thought about replicating that picture. However, I later learned that Miriam did not remember about meeting us there, but went to our gate. We were no longer in that spot as we had deplaned. They also had to pick up luggage. It was great to see them, those mobile phones certainly are an asset, but just a little disappointing since the “movie” expectation did not work out.



Paula

No comments: